The Information Security Analyst will manage the end-to-end operational deployment, verification, incident handling and support of our Customers’ remote managed EventTracker SIEM solution. This is a technical operational role focused on delivering quality service to our customers.
- Provide operational and technical support to our Customers. (note, candidates will receive training on all EventTracker tool sets)
- Provide Level I detection, analysis, research, and data gathering for security events
- Provide Level I support for vulnerability management campaigns; work in close collaboration with Level II & III analysts to respond appropriately.
- Operate Vulnerability management solutions
- Develop procedures related to the operation of vulnerability management solutions
- Respond to and complete customer requests to SLA
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Implement, and support security-focused tools and services.
- Help the team drive continual improvements to our internal vulnerability management processes.
- Ability to maintain a high level of alertness and attention to detail for extended periods
Must be able to work in a “follow the sun” rotation across and including weekends and holidays
- Experience dealing effectively with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Ability to correlate system behaviors based on known inter-dependencies between those systems
- Effective prioritization and time management
- Ensure high level of quality when managing tickets, requests and Customer queries
- Prepare reports & distribute in readiness for Customer tuning calls
- Create scheduled Customer reporting, from existing reports, where appropriate
- Maintain technical knowledge, tool proficiency, and system accesses, which allow you to perform the role
- Ensure documentation is maintained appropriately on Sharepoint & new documents are created/stored correctly
- Engage with Customers to build and maintain good, professional relationships
- Responsible for the application of IT Security Policy, processes & procedures to mitigate risks to our Customers
NOTE: May be required to provide on call emergency support if required by the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or 1 year equivalent work experience in Network Security Systems & Operations.
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent professional experience and/or with recognized technical/security qualifications.
- Relevant experience and understanding of Network Security Systems & Operations
- Understanding of system logging including both Security and non-security logs; must be able to provide examples of plaintext vs. binary and identify the benefits/limitations
- General knowledge of Syslog, SNMP, WMI and the benefits and limitations of each
- Knowledge of Security management, network and information security, and end user security.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a group setting. Consistent and proper communication to Customers, management, and team.
- Ability to partner with teams such as developers, vendors, analysts, and project managers.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications meet with our criteria.