Retail and other consumer goods businesses, as well as their vendors and suppliers, have the dual challenge of maintaining data security across geographically dispersed locations and demonstrating compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
The cost of a security breach for retail and other business-to-consumer businesses is not only monetary but also incurs intangible costs such as the loss of customer trust.
It is vital to have an enterprise-wide security information and event management (SIEM) solution in place that provides:
- Monitoring of event logs throughout the organization including servers, workstations, network devices, applications, processes, and services
- Analysis of user activity, including Administrator and privileged accounts
- Collection Point architecture to locally manage specific resources and enable enterprise-level security and compliance
- A secure, role-based web user interface to run and view reports on event log data
- Comprehensive and automated regulatory compliance capabilities