Information Security Analyst (Level 1)
The Information Security Analyst will manage the end-to-end operational deployment, verification, incident handling and support of our Customers’ remote managed EventTracker SIEM solution. This is a technical operational role focused on delivering quality service to our customers.
- Provide operational and technical support to our Customers. (note, candidates will receive training on all EventTracker tool sets)
- Provide Level I detection, analysis, research, and data gathering for security events
- Provide Level I support for vulnerability management campaigns; work in close collaboration with Level II & III analysts to respond appropriately.
- Operate Vulnerability management solutions
- Develop procedures related to the operation of vulnerability management solutions
- Respond to and complete customer requests to SLA
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Implement, and support security-focused tools and services.
- Help the team drive continual improvements to our internal vulnerability management processes.
- Ability to maintain a high level of alertness and attention to detail for extended periods
Must be able to work in a “follow the sun” rotation across and including weekends and holidays
- Experience dealing effectively with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Ability to correlate system behaviors based on known inter-dependencies between those systems
- Effective prioritization and time management
- Ensure high level of quality when managing tickets, requests and Customer queries
- Prepare reports & distribute in readiness for Customer tuning calls
- Create scheduled Customer reporting, from existing reports, where appropriate
- Maintain technical knowledge, tool proficiency, and system accesses, which allow you to perform the role
- Ensure documentation is maintained appropriately on Sharepoint & new documents are created/stored correctly
- Engage with Customers to build and maintain good, professional relationships
- Responsible for the application of IT Security Policy, processes & procedures to mitigate risks to our Customers
NOTE: May be required to provide on call emergency support if required by the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or 1 year equivalent work experience in Network Security Systems & Operations.
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent professional experience and/or with recognized technical/security qualifications.
- Relevant experience and understanding of Network Security Systems & Operations
- Understanding of system logging including both Security and non-security logs; must be able to provide examples of plaintext vs. binary and identify the benefits/limitations
- General knowledge of Syslog, SNMP, WMI and the benefits and limitations of each
- Knowledge of Security management, network and information security, and end user security.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a group setting. Consistent and proper communication to Customers, management, and team.
- Ability to partner with teams such as developers, vendors, analysts, and project managers.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying to: email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications meet with our criteria.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Netsurion and EventTracker, a division of Netsurion, are equal opportunity employers.