Best-of-both-worlds solution combines intuitive searching with intelligent analytics, correlation, mining and reporting in one turn-key package
Columbia, MD – Prism Microsystems today announced the availability of EventTracker 6.3, the latest version of its complete Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution that integrates real-time Log Management, Correlation and Analytics, Change Management, USB Monitoring and Automatic Remediation in one turn-key software package. The new version adds a Google-like search interface that provides enterprises with fast and easy searching across terabytes of log data to accelerate troubleshooting and simplify forensic investigations.
The Search feature allows IT personnel to delve directly into the underlying logs behind security events or operational mishaps and get a detailed view from the ground-level. Free-form searching and endless-refine options provide power-users with the ability to extract precise matches from a large amount of data in a matter of seconds without needing to generate reports or run extensive analysis – the benefit is faster response time and on-the-fly exploration. Over 1000 pre-defined knowledge categories can also be utilized to drill-down to specific events without requiring any device or event-specific knowledge.
“With the integration of Smart Search, EventTracker raises the bar for the SIEM industry,” says A.N. Ananth, CEO of Prism Microsystems. “Now, users can not only take advantage of advanced analysis and correlation to extract meaningful intelligence from raw log data, but also get quick and easy access to source data for detailed and deeper analysis.”
Key features of the Search functionality include:
– Google-like interface, with option for advanced search; Free-form fast searching using keywords, exact phrases, operators, wildcard characters or a combination of all for complex queries
– One-click access to the Prism KnowledgeBase for information on over 19000 events for ease of query formulation
– Endless refine options to drill-down to specific data
– Over 1000 pre-configured knowledge categories with ability to refine
– Fully integrated into the EventTracker software platform with one-click access to the analysis and reporting engine; does not require separate licensing
“The incorporation of Smart Search makes EventTracker the only solution in the space that combines full-featured SIEM with High-performance Search,” adds Steve Lafferty, VP of Marketing at Prism Microsystems. “In times of flat-lining or shrinking budgets, when there is increasing pressure on IT personnel to do more with less, EventTracker provides the greatest range of capabilities at an extremely competitive all-inclusive price.”
Other new features in EventTracker 6.3 include:
• User Activity Monitoring Knowledge Packs – Enables user profiling with pre-configured reports on application usage, printer activity, idle-time, software install/uninstall, failed and successful interactive/non- interactive logins, changes in group policy, deleted files, websites visited, USB activity and more
• Direct Log Archiver – EventTracker now supports batch transfer from devices that do not provide real-time data such as bluecoat proxy devices, key fobs, web services and third party software such as QuickBooks
• SHA-I encryption – EventTracker now supports SHA-1 level encryption on archived log data for tamper-proof log storage
About Prism Microsystems
Prism Microsystems, Inc. delivers business-critical solutions to consolidate, correlate and detect changes that impact the performance, availability and security of IT infrastructures. EventTracker, Prism’s market leading Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution combines real-time Log Management with Change Management to defend critical IT assets from emerging and traditional cyber attacks and ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Recently featured by Gartner on its ‘Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management, 1Q08’ report, Prism’s solutions are designed specifically for the needs of midsize enterprises and are easy to use, feature rich and highly scalable. With over 650 customers in 50 plus countries, EventTracker is deployed in multiple sectors including government, financial, retail and healthcare.
Visit www.eventtracker.com for more information. Follow us on Twitter @logtalk.