COLUMBIA, Md. – Oct. 11, 2017— EventTracker, a leader in security information and event management (SIEM), today announced that the EventTracker Control Center (ECC), EventTracker’s security operations center (SOC) has been audited and formally certified as compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013. EventTracker was also validated as a Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) Service Provider.
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving an information security management system within the context of the organization. It also includes requirements for the assessment and treatment of information security risks tailored to the needs of the organization.
A PCI DSS Service Provider is defined as “a business entity that is not a payment brand, directly involved in the processing, storage, or transmission of cardholder data on behalf of another entity.” PCI DSS compliance lets organizations have peace of mind knowing that their security provider is up to industry standards. The certification strengthens the relationship between company and customer by emphasizing how important data security is to the company.
EventTracker’s parent company, Netsurion, a managed security services provider for multi-location businesses, also uses the ECC for its advanced threat protection solution. Both companies already have a firm foothold in the PCI community, with Global CISO John Christly serving on the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC), plus the council’s Cloud Special Interest Group and PCI SSC Small Merchant Task Force.
“These two certifications further emphasize EventTracker’s strong commitment to providing the highest levels of security to enterprises that cannot do it all on their own. The ECC offers 24/7 remote administration and analytics of SIEM alerts to supplement companies’ internal teams,” said A. N. Ananth, EventTracker’s CEO. “Technology alone is about 15 percent of the solution. Expert analysts and robust, disciplined, and documented processes are the remaining 85 percent. We are proud that our SOC has met these top security provider requirements and can continue its excellent work in protecting our customers.”
The purpose of the ECC is to deliver the SIEMphonic comprehensive managed security service, based on the award-winning EventTracker platform, which includes SIEM, behavior analysis, intrusion detection, vulnerability assessment, threat intelligence, and honeynet deception technology, implemented either on-premises or in the cloud. The ECC provides:
- Administration: Check EventTracker diagnostics, confirm threat intelligence feeds security and compliance content updates, configuration and health check, check for non-reporting systems
- Analysis: Threat and alert monitoring, incident analysis and investigation, report review, behavior and anomaly analysis. Summary of observations prepared and shared
- Compliance: Reports annotation to demonstrate regulatory compliance
- Tuning: Expert services such as advanced tuning/rules for behavior analysis, correlation, and incident investigation/forensics
For more information on the Co-managed SIEM, visit https://www.eventtracker.com/solutions/co-managed-siem/
Tweet This: EventTracker (@LogTalk) announces ISO27001:2013 and #PCI-DSS provider certification http://bit.ly/2y61wto
EventTracker Case Studies
EventTracker’s advanced security solutions protect enterprises and small businesses from data breaches and insider fraud, and streamline regulatory compliance. The company’s EventTracker platform comprises SIEM, vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, behavior analytics, a honeynet deception network and other defense in-depth capabilities within a single management platform. The company complements its state-of-the-art technology with 24/7 managed services from its global security operations center (SOC) to ensure its customers achieve desired outcomes—safer networks, better endpoint security, earlier detection of intrusion, and relevant and specific threat intelligence. The company serves the retail, hospitality, healthcare, legal, banking and financial services, utilities and government sectors.
EventTracker is a division of Netsurion, a leader in remotely-managed IT security services that protect multi-location businesses’ information, payment systems and on-premise public and private Wi-Fi networks. www.eventtracker.com. Twitter: @LogTalk.
Deb Montner, Montner Tech PR