COLUMBIA, Md. – July 25, 2017 – EventTracker, a leader in security information and event management (SIEM), today announced that it will host a technical webinar that will take a deep dive into the latest technologies behind ransomware attack methods used to evade traditional antivirus and next-generation firewalls, hosted by Randy Franklin Smith, security icon and CEO and president of the Monterey Technology Group.
“Attack Methods Being Used to Evade Antivirus and Next-Gen Firewalls,” will take place on Aug. 3, 2017 at 12 p.m. ET.
Criminals using ransomware are just getting started, both in terms of their business model and technology. The global hue and cry after WannaCry and NotPetya has focused the attention of the C-suite. Attackers who previously stole credit cards now find it less lucrative to do so, and are turning to ransomware to hold companies hostage.
In this real-training-for-free webinar, we’ll look at three different real-world attacks in detail. We’ll analyze real reports of these attack methods with the goal of answering two different questions:
- How does the attack work at a technical level?
- How can we use this information to detect different attacks in the future?
What: “Ransomware: Attack Methods Being Used to Evade Antivirus and Next-Gen Firewalls” webinar
When: Thursday, Aug. 3, 2017, 12 p.m. ET
- Show how next-gen firewalls are blocking ransomware from communicating with command and control (C&C) servers – and how hackers are countering by using domain generation algorithms (DGA) to locate it
- Demonstrate how criminals are delivering fileless ransomware by exploiting vulnerabilities in PowerShell, the popular Windows task automation framework, and using DNS TXT record queries to bypass endpoint AV defenses
- Explain methods for evading Gmail checks for EXEs inside password protected zip files
- Analyze use of custom device drivers to execute malicious code in kernel mode
- Examine word-macros that are the initial step in a completely fileless attack
- Explain how SIEM detection and defense mechanisms are used to combat these new methods of attack
Tweet This: .@LogTalk (EventTracker) to host technical webinar on advanced #ransomware attacks w/ @randyfsmith http://bit.ly/2uWrgGV
EventTracker’s advanced security solutions protect enterprises and small businesses from data breaches and insider fraud, and streamline regulatory compliance. The company’s EventTracker platform comprises SIEM, vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, behavior analytics, a honeynet deception network, and other defense in-depth capabilities within a single management platform. The company complements its state-of-the-art technology with 24/7 managed services from its global security operations center (SOC) to ensure its customers achieve desired outcomes—safer networks, better endpoint security, earlier detection of intrusion, and relevant and specific threat intelligence. The company serves the retail, hospitality, healthcare, legal, banking and financial services, utilities, and government sectors.
EventTracker is a division of Netsurion, a leader in remotely-managed IT security services that protect multi-location businesses’ information, payment systems, and on-premise public and private Wi-Fi networks. www.eventtracker.com. Twitter: @LogTalk.
Montner Tech PR