EventTracker PULSE delivers in-depth IT intelligence to optimize operations, improve service delivery levels, accelerate troubleshooting and simplify security forensic investigations
Columbia, MD –Prism Microsystems, providers of comprehensive Security Information and Event Log Management (SIEM) technology, today announced the availability of EventTracker PULSE, a smart search-engine for log data that provides system administrators with valuable, network-wide insight for optimizing IT performance, improving availability and accelerating forensic investigations.
EventTracker PULSE automates the real-time collection and long term archival of all log data from Windows (servers and workstations), Unix/Linux, Cisco devices, applications and any syslog source. A Google-like interface provides fast and easy searching across hundreds of gigabytes of data, allowing users to pinpoint critical data in a matter of seconds. The benefits of Log Search are limitless for operations and security. For instance, users can quickly identify root cause of service degradations or IT failures for remediation, or in the event of an internal breach, pinpoint who did what and when and plug security holes.
“Logs offer the potential to provide deep understanding on most aspects of IT, however, manually extracting actionable intelligence from voluminous, distributed and cryptic log data is impossible without system specific technical knowledge and large amounts of time to spare,” said Steve Lafferty, VP of Marketing at Prism Microsystems. “EventTracker PULSE puts this information right into the hands of system administrators and empowers them to easily investigate activity across the IT infrastructure. The value in terms of time and cost savings alone is tremendous.”
Unlike other free log search solutions, EventTracker PULSE is not a size limited version of an enterprise product. It offers multiple innovations to ease the search process including:
- No limit on collection and archival of log data
- Real-time collection from Windows (servers and workstations), Unix/Linux, Cisco devices, applications and any syslog source
- Compressed (>90%), secure (SHA1) storage of collected log data
- Easy to use Google-like interface with options for free-form searching using keywords, exact phrases, operators, wildcard characters or a combination of all for complex queries
- Endless refine to extract precise matches from large volumes
- Hundreds of preconfigured knowledge categories
- One-click access to the Log KnowledgeBase for helpful descriptions on over 20,000 events
- Agent-optional architecture; centralized agent configuration
About Prism Microsystems
Prism Microsystems delivers business critical solutions that transform high-volume cryptic log data into actionable, prioritized intelligence that will fundamentally change your perception of the utility, value and organizational potential inherent in log files. Prism’s leading solutions offer Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), real-time Log Management, and powerful Change and Configuration Management to optimize IT operations, detect and deter costly security breaches, and comply with multiple regulatory mandates.
Visit www.eventtracker.com for more information. Follow us on Twitter @logtalk.