Columbia, MD – Prism Microsystems, developers of EventTracker, the most comprehensive and feature-rich Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution in the market, today announced a record close to 2009 with double-digit gains in revenue and the addition of over 120 new customers. Industry-first support for virtualization, multiple award wins and the introduction of a free log search utility for the IT community highlighted Prism’s accomplishments in 2009 and strengthened its position as a midsize market leader.
Despite a sluggish worldwide economy, Prism charted double-digit gains in annual sales, driven by strong demand across major verticals, increased government spending for IT security and compliance initiatives, and stiffer non-compliance penalties of the HITECH act for healthcare organizations. The company closed 2009 with over 120 new customers including Nintendo, the Salvation Army, the US Senate, MITRE and NASA.
In 2009, Prism was consistently recognized by security industry leaders as the leading choice for companies looking for comprehensive SIEM and Log Management capabilities:
- SC Magazine gave EventTracker 5 stars – the maximum possible- and highlighted the product as robust, feature-rich, and an excellent performer
- Info Security Products Guide named EventTracker a winner of the 2009 global excellence award
- Government Security News Magazine recognized EventTracker as a leader in the SIEM category
- Redmond Magazine ranked EventTracker higher than products from IBM,BMC and CA with a leading score of 9.6/10
- IT Pro magazine highlighted EventTracker’s comprehensive capabilities stating that it “provided a range of features not found in standard log management products”
- Leading analyst firm Ovum/Butler group conducted an in-depth review of EventTracker and found it to be well-rounded and broad in scope compared to its competitors
- EventTracker was recognized as a top performer in the data security category by the CODiE awards
Prism added industry-first features to the latest iteration of EventTracker in 2009, extending SIEM capabilities to all layers of the virtual infrastructure for seamless enterprise compliance and security monitoring. Another noteworthy addition was a new analytics dashboard that identifies new and out-of-ordinary behavior by user, admin, system, process and IP address to detect unknown attacks such as zero-day breaches and malware. Prism also introduced another major initiative in 2009 with the launch of EventTracker PULSE, a free log search utility provided as part of a corporate initiative to help the IT community better leverage log data. The software has till date been downloaded over 15,000 times.
“2009 proved that strengthening and gaining visibility into IT security and compliance readiness remained a top priority for organizations despite budget cuts and downsizing,” said Steve Lafferty, VP of Marketing at Prism Microsystems. “In 2010, we anticipate accelerated growth as the move towards virtualization and cloud computing creates substantial demand for SIEM solutions such as EventTracker that span both virtual and physical environments for enterprise wide support.”
About Prism Microsystems
Prism Microsystems delivers business critical solutions that transform high-volume cryptic log data into actionable, prioritized intelligence that will fundamentally change your perception of the utility, value and organizational potential inherent in log files. Prism’s leading solutions offer Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), real-time Log Management, and powerful Change and Configuration Management to optimize IT operations, detect and deter costly security breaches, and comply with multiple regulatory mandates.
Visit www.eventtracker.com for more information. Follow us on Twitter @logtalk.